Old December 1st 04, 12:12 AM
kage

I completely agree. NOT safe. Dangerous!

I've been flying for 40 years. I can count at least 30 people I knew who are
dead from flying light aircraft.

I know of only one friend who died in a car accident. And I know hundreds of
times the people who drive rather than fly.

Looks about right to me. 200-300 times more dangerous to fly than drive.

Every time that happen I always wish that I could have been there, just to
say---NO, it's not a good day. Or, John Jr., level the wings! ( I met John
Jr.) Or, lets stop here for gas and spend the night. I am forever being
chicken to fly in certain conditions, and the older I get the chickener I
get! Also, I carry 150 pounds of survival gear. That's why I need a Skywagon
to carry it all.

Karl "curator" N185KG
ATP BE30, CE-500, LR-JET, DA-50

"Bob Moore" wrote in message
. 121...
"Back_To_Flying" wrote
I have also seen a few more reports concluding the same. So one could
conclude that driving is still much more dangerous than flying
regardless of age group. Do you have proof of the opposite? Then show
me your source.

The current issue of "Flying" magazine addresses the issue and
provides the documentation that they used.
As I recall, their conclusion was that flying presented 200-300
times the risk that driving did, contrary to what we have all
been led to believe.

Bob Moore