Old February 9th 06, 04:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

Default A couple of questions about IPC

On 02/09/06 07:45, Gary Drescher wrote:
"three-eight-hotel" wrote in message
oups.com...
You have 6 months after your currency lapses to become current, without
having to do an IPC... You are not legal to fly IFR, but you may take
a safety pilot up with you and become current again. If you miss the 6
month window to become current, you will have to perform an IPC.

I'm sure if I stated that incorrectly or unclearly, someone will jump
in to correct me... ;-)

No error, but one addition may be useful: another alternative is to fly IFR
and do the approaches in IMC, but with another pilot (who's IFR-current)
acting as PIC.

--Gary

Wait a tick ;-) Are you saying that if you're beyond the 6-month
currency, that you can fly in actual IMC and all you need is an IR-
current safety pilot - not a CFII?

Can you show the FAR or chief counsel opinion which shows this?
This would be yet another place where my instructor taught me incorrect
information ;-(

Cal Aggie Flying Farmers
Sacramento, CA