Old April 27th 06, 02:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning

Default Avionics Build It Yourself Manuals

Jim..

As a customer who has paid for and built both your audio panel and
your marker beacon reciever, I WOULD LOVE the ability to have your
manual in digital form.

Will you consider making it available to your prior customers?

Definite vote FOR the CD ROM.

The vast majority of your present and future customers are computer
based. It shouldnt be a stretch to presume they have CD drive.

Dave

RST Engineering wrote:
So for 35 years now we've been putting out our kits with two printed manuals
per kit ... a
"operations and maintenance" and a "construction and assembly" manual. Each
of which costs us about $2 a manual. Not a big deal.

I've got a wild hair that we can put out a digital CDROM set of manuals that
will give COLOR pictures, video "how to", and a lot of other stuff on the
CDROM.

The other person in the company says that you all want print manuals.

Please vote:

1. I want a print (paper) set of manuals with my kit.

2. I want a CDROM with my kit that I can print out myself.

3. I want you to increase the cost of the kit by $5 and include both print
and CDROM with every kit.

Please, no other permutations. Print or CDROM. No other choices.

Jim