Old March 10th 07, 06:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jeremy Zawodny

Default SSA Speaker Presentations Available

ContestID67 wrote:
At the 2007 SSA convention I gave a pair of back to back speeches.

Soaring Flight Computers and Recorders - This presentation details GPS
systems for use for soaring pilots. I talk about how flight recorders
are used, how they are wired together, how to upload and download
flight logs and other details. I deal with what flight computers bring
to the party, how they can help soaring, how they can drive moving map
PDA displays, file structure, etc.

Avionics Wiring - I have seen many glider avionics installations which
have made my hair stand on end (or fall out altogether). This
presentation is intended to provide instruction in some best practices
on the wiring of avionics. Topics include wires types and gauges,
crimp lugs, power, batteries, insulation, mounting, etc.

Good stuff, John. Thanks for posting.

Jeremy