Old February 4th 21, 04:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Sinclair[_5_]

Default Curious about PZL KWEC-2 TE compensators

On Thursday, February 4, 2021 at 6:07:31 AM UTC-8, wrote:
I’ve seen these described as an option where you don‘t want to share the TE probe between two varios. However, I can’t find details on them. I’m just curious about how they work (the theory) and how they are plumbed? I know most would use TE probe for one vario and electronic compensation for the other but that’s not an option when using a SN10b. I’m thinking it might be better to use the probe for the 10b alone and the KWEC for the mechanical vario rather than splitting the probe between the two or leaving the mechanical uncompensated.

I believe the vario cross-talk problem involved large capacity units that used .45 L bottles. I’m running an SN-10 and aa Borgelt 300 that both have small internal capacities on a single total energy probe and I see no cross-talk between these units.
Hope this helps,
JJ