Old January 16th 06, 12:39 AM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.piloting

Default UAV's and TFR's along the Mexico boarder

"Dave Stadt" wrote in message
news

"John Doe" wrote in message
ink.net...

I doubt it. Are the UAV's going to swoop down and gather up the
illegals?
By the time a UAV spots something and Border Patrol gets there the
illegals are long gone. Or are you saying the UAV's can discern between
normal everyday illegals and terrorist? If so I would like to hear
more.

How you figure? illegals crossing the border are going to outrun a UAV
circling overhead? This I gotta see.

So the UAV sees them, now what? The Border Patrol stationed 25 miles away
dashes out and catches them. I doubt it. Isn't it true the Border
Patrol or whomever doesn't have the resources to detain and return
illegals and in fact leaves most of them go inside this country (US of A)?
Soooooo what are the UAVs going to accomplish other than taking pictures
of millions illegally crossing the border. At best it is a multi-million
dollar AN3 bolt in a 12 inch hole.

What do you think the Border Patrol does? Just stroll down the road and if
they happen to see an illegal, they arrest them? They've been dashing out
to locations tripped by sensors for years to catch illegals. The UAV can
track them non-stop for up to 30 hours or until it runs out of gas. Last
time I checked the border patrol had helicopters as well. It wouldn't take
that long to send a patrol out to the UAVs location to see what it's
tracking.