Old November 25th 04, 06:31 PM
Brad Zeigler

"Gene Whitt" wrote in message
ink.net...
Jose,
The 90/270 has a tremendous advantage when making turns and remembering
where to turn.

The system is called the 'sum of the digits'

Take any number of the heading indicator and add all three of
its digits and keep adding until you get a single digit.

Example #1 030 = 3
Example #2 290 = 11 = 2

The sum of the digits every 90-degrees all the way around the dial will
equal 3 or 2 in both cases. It works for every number on both
the 90-degree numbers and 45-degree numbers.
Example #1
030 = 3; 120 = 3; 210= 3; 300 = 3
Example #2
290 = 11 = 2; 020= 2; 110 = 2; 200= 2

I'm not following you, Gene. I know that the sum of the digits trick is a
quick way to determine if something is divisible by three, but how does that
tell you the 90 and 270 degree headings?

Works all the time everytime.
Gene