Old April 18th 20, 07:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank Whiteley

Default Favorite Aviation Films

On Saturday, April 18, 2020 at 6:59:25 AM UTC-6, Bob Whelan wrote:
On 4/17/2020 4:28 PM, Martin Gregorie wrote:
On Fri, 17 Apr 2020 10:45:57 -0700, sgs135c wrote:

Flight of the Phoenix was neat, especially as they actually built and
flew the aircraft - but a black spot is that Mantz was killed doing so.
The film wasn't worth that. Which reminds me, Scholl died doing shots for
Top Gun - jeezthis make-believe is dangerous!

I've seen the film and read the book. The book was better.

"Ditto" on the FotP book/film comparison. Has anyone ever seen a film they
considered better than the book from which it was derived? (Musta been a
really lousy book IMO, dry chuckle...)

---
https://www.avg.com

Catch 22, book and film both excellent.