Old October 11th 06, 09:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
SAM 303a

Default Cirrus crash in NYC

Look out! Fox was interviewing some Congresscritter saying, 'we've got to
put an end to unrestricted general aviation, think what could have happened
had this been a terrorist'.
Of couse this ignores the fact that there already are no corridors over NYC
where GA can fly w/out being in contact w/ATC.
This flurry of Minden/Brazil/NYC may put our aviation rights/privileges at
risk.

Background - A Cirrus crashed into a building in midtown, killing 2 in the
aircraft; one on the ground. Cause of the crash is unknown.