Old October 12th 06, 02:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Brad

Default Cirrus crash in NYC

Gotta admit I usually keep my passport in the car, since I travel to
Delta BC on business frequently. And it seems to speed things along at
the border. Plus when flying commercial they seem to like 'em

But it seems weird that this was mentioned.

Brad

who's home airport now has a keypad too...................

Stewart Kissel wrote:
At 00:36 12 October 2006, Brad wrote:

Reports say the plane belonge to NY Yankee pitcher
Corey Lytle and that
his passport was found on the ground.

Interesting, wonder why he had his passport with him?

If they in fact departed from an airport like Teterboro...going
through the gate security probably does not require
a passport...but rather then showing a million pieces
of ID, including our lame FAA ticket with no photo....I
think carrying a passport would be SOP to get through
the gate. In the near future visits to Mexico and
Canada will require them. I don't carry mine currently
in the glider, but probably will start.

And the ever vigilent airport manager at Salida, CO
changes the gate combination every month just to keep
those terrorist hiding out in the SangreDeChristos
from sneaking in