Old September 21st 07, 07:57 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
jc[_2_]

Default A-10 from Pope AFB turning onto final at KNPA

On Wed, 19 Sep 2007 10:14:31 -0400, "Dan Edwards"
wrote:
snip

Dan,
I lived in Tucson in '83-85 and recall the A-10's at DM being a light gray
color. The only A-7's I'm sure about in that time frame were being flown by the
ANG guys at Tucson Intl and they were dark green. Sometime in '85, as I was
leaving, the ANG was just receiving the F-16's. Their CO was just completing
his flight time in the two seater (D model?) and was getting ready to start
flight training for the remainder of his guys. At the time the A-10's did a
lot of runs out to Marana, which is also where the SEALS were doing a lot of
HALO jumps out of C-141's. Intersting stuff. Even had the Shuttle land there
(on the back of 747) at DM to refuel once. I do miss Tucson and if I had the
means, I'd go back there.
Cheers,
jc