Old August 16th 17, 06:57 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default ASW27B prices falling

One more factor: peer pressure. P3 knows we won't fly with him unless he rigs the 15M tips. That option is worth it to him.

To some, $10K for an extra set of wingtips is almost incomprehensible when you can buy a glider for less than that.

Some people think a Mercedes Benz is a great value. Others can't afford one.. Neither view is wrong. There are just a lot more in the latter category than the former. Fortunately, the huge automotive market means there are a lot of very nicely designed and built new cars with advanced engineering and performance at those lower price points. Such is not the case with soaring where manufacturers target their efforts at the high end. Still, I'm past thinking that new, well-performing gliders at much lower prices would suddenly unlock pent up demand and set off huge growth in soaring.

Chip Bearden