Old March 8th 07, 05:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
RST Engineering

Default Public Financing (was: annual interruptus)

Jeez, Jay, if I had your face, I'd shave my ass and walk backwards.

{;-)

On a more serious note, some of the part time faculty at the college feel
the same way about applying for unemployment over the summer break. The
other side of that coin says that if the college paid the premiums for
unemployment insurance directly to the faculty, or offered the faculty a
full year contract, or loaded up the schedule so that everybody could teach
in the summer, then there wouldn't be the need for those $$ to fill a three
month gap of no income. Hell, after 30 years at this gig I've got a $25K
credit in my "account" with the State of Californicate that I'll never see.
When I quit, it gets dumped into the general fund, lost and gone forever.

"Welfare" is collecting money for doing nothing. Working your ass off in a
structure that has been funded with public money for public purposes is not.
Forget thee not that part of your sweat in that structure is going back into
the public treasury, along with all the tax money that it generates. You
might have scruples about part of your labor going into the public treasury,
but don't call it welfare.

Jim

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
ups.com...