Old July 9th 04, 12:52 AM

On Thu, 8 Jul 2004 23:15:50 +0000 (UTC), I read these words from "Ian
Morrison" :

"josiah-jenkins" wrote in message

Scottish Piranha (Queen's Regiment)
abbreviated to "SPQR"
(Senatus Populusque Romanus",
ie "The Senate and People of Rome.")
tenuous

Extremely tenuous!

link to "Pontius Pilate's Bodyguard"

Not at all !

Old Ponty was a Roman geezer, wasn't he ?

I know he was born in Embra New Town or somewhere like that,
OK it might have been Wester Hailes, but his Old Man was one
of those "fasces" fellows from Rome.

Q. How come the city was never known as Reme ?
Did they toss a denarii to decide whose name went on the maps ?

(the Royal Scots,
oldest Infantry Regiment of the Line in the British Army)

Are they not a tank regiment now? An ex-neighbour of mine was sent to
Ir*q as part of the recent illegal invasion force and he was in a tank
(his mother reportedly said "can you imagine what it smells like in a
tank full of 18 year old boys?"). I'm pretty sure it is the Royal Scots
that he is in.

How the heck would I know ?

I just went raking on Google to find something to post (FGS) !

A W-S gets away with it all the time !!

Away and re-calculate your impending parachute and geezpeace !

-- The Despicable Stewart
-- Perfidious Alban
-- http://www.ian-stewart.dsl.pipex.com/