Old June 1st 06, 12:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Nothing good about Ethanol

On 31-May-2006, "Dan Luke" wrote:

The bottom line is that at the moment producing Ethanol from corn
wastes more energy than it makes according to experts.

I ain't got a dog in this fight, but any time I read a sentence like that,
my bs meter starts to twitch.

What experts? Employed by whom? What are their qualifications? What
peer-reviewed studies did they publish?

Excellent questions. I note that "experts" also dispute the danger of
global warning, and other "experts" claim that species evolution is a myth.
Yet other "experts" (hired by the tobacco industry, but of course that's
just a coincidence) were unable to find any linkage between smoking and lung
cancer. At one point many "experts" could prove that powered flight was
impossible.

Truth is, if you want to use the Internet as a source of information, a
finely tuned BS meter is an absolute necessity!

-Elliott Drucker