Old October 13th 04, 10:43 AM
Gerald Sylvester

I didn't say it was expensive just considered a haz mat and technically
shouldn't be just dumped down the sewer. Just add lots of water to
dilute it or dispose of a rag properly as it is flamable.

not sure if I answered myself but I've heard Fry's Electronics has it
too. For general aviation cleaning, the non-pure stuff is probably
fine. the non-ultra pure (90% or higher) leaves a fine residue.
In some cases, this residue can turn to glue.....note, these cases
are like with the equipment I work with that has tons of photon
and electron radiation that tends to cross-link most everything.
I'm not sure if that would affect aviation related parts (I'm thinking
pistons here but I can't confirm as I've never gotten that deep into an
aviation engine) but just want to cover my own hide.

Gerald