Old December 28th 05, 10:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Atlas is down...

wrote in message
oups.com...

Jay Honeck wrote:

Damn. Of course, the good news is that my plane didn't become a

blow-torch
in flight, as it very well could have on our next flight. Nothing like
1500 degree gases 4 inches from gas and oil lines.

It's a good thing he caught it on the ground. I had one of my
stacks break off at the flange a few years back and had to glide 5
miles back to the airport for a deadstick landing. The engine only
ran for about 20 seconds after the break before I shut it down, but in
that short time it seriously scorched the cowl and several plug wires.
Super hot gasses under the cowl can be a very bad thing.

Dawley is a great place for exhaust. It's hard to tell their
"overhauled" exhaust system from a brand new one.

John Galban=====N4BQ (PA28-180)

When Dawley gets done there isn't much of the original left. They do
excellent work.