Old February 14th 15, 07:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andy Blackburn[_3_]

Default Towing with a TDI

On Saturday, February 14, 2015 at 8:16:04 AM UTC-8, wrote:
Anyone towing with a Touareg TDI? Thoughts?

I have the V6 gasoline Touareg (2010). Before that I had a 2004 version of the same vehicle. It is the best tow vehicle I have ever owned or driven. I tow a Cobra fiberglass top with an ASW-27B inside and usually plenty of ground gear. It has enough power to get over the Sierra Nevada Mountains and will take the trailer at any speed you have the nerve for given the speed ratings on the tires without a wobble in all kinds of crosswinds and on 2-lane roads with semis coming the other way.

Secrets to good handling - decent vehicle mass, large tire contact area, short distance from rear wheels to tow ball and a long wheelbase.

9B