Old February 16th 15, 05:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Towing with a TDI

On Friday, February 13, 2015 at 12:40:07 PM UTC-8, vontresc wrote:
Looking at getting a new vehicle this spring, and am currently looking into a Jetta Sportwagon TDI. Any of you guys use one to tow your ship? Good or bad?

Peter

I'm pretty sure the DSG transmission doesn't allow towing. I'm sure it WILL tow, but with a hitch on the back you may have warranty issues. If you're not under warranty, I wouldn't want to have to repair that transmission......I can't imagine how much that thing costs to repair.

I have a 2013 tdi wagon and love the car but have 5k left on the powertrain and it's making me nervous, and I don't tow.