Old May 14th 09, 03:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Mark Hansen

Default Why haven't rental rates come back down?

On 05/14/09 07:06, Bob wrote:
Mark Hansen wrote in
:

On 05/13/09 10:54, Dallas wrote:
On Tue, 12 May 2009 20:07:24 GMT, Bob wrote:

My FBO/Flight School charges $95.00 (wet) for a 172, a $3 increase
from last year.

Those are sweet prices. I hope you appreciate the good deal you've
got going there.

Not to make you feel worse, but in my club, we rent IFR-certified 172s
for around $80 wet. Plus we have great insurance for a club membership
fee of $19/month.

No yearly or monthly membership fees. Club has a bonus program that
actually lowers the prices for members. Deposit at least $300 in your
account, and get a 20% bonus. This brings the cost of a 172 down to
$79.00. We are also reimbursed for fuel if we have to buy it at another
airport.
One of the busiest flight schools in the area. Several distinguished
graduates, including a several astronauts.

Sounds great. What kind of insurance do you get for that? Like I said,
at my club, the members are all "named insureds" on the club policy,
so we are completely covered (1M total/100K per seat, full hull
damage, etc.). The club even pays the deductible in the event of an
accident.

I was very happy to find this club. At other rental outlets in the
area, I was going to have to pay over $100/hr for a plane and still
have to deal with my own insurance.

Regards,

--
Mark Hansen, PP-ASEL, Instrument Airplane, USUA Ultralight Pilot
Cal Aggie Flying Farmers