Old January 5th 13, 12:57 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Rolladen- Schneider LS3A flap seals- Do they really make any difference?

On Friday, July 6, 2001 11:52:12 PM UTC-4, clay thomas wrote:
"November Bravo" wrote in message ...
The are two LS3's at oour club, and aoriginal flaperon LS3 and an LS3A.
Both have the seals and both showed a significant performance increase.
Have never had a problem with the seals coming off or getting bent.
"dennis raphael" wrote in message
om...
The flap seals at the wing root consantlty seem to get bent up , fall
off, and otherwise look lousy. How much good do they really do for a
recreational soaring pilot??? Any differnce in flight charactoristics
I will notice?. For those who dont know what I am talking about, the
seals are a piece of flexible plastic that attach to the top and
bottom of the flap next to the fusalage to seal a 3/8 in gap at the
rear 5 inches of the wing root where the flap raises and lowers.
thanks

I made some new ones two years ago and have had no problem. I used
clear mylar obtained at a drafting supply house. I attached with high
quality double sided 3M tape. Let me know if you need the templates to
cut new ones.If the thichness of the mylar is correct,they will never
fold over in flight.

please send the templates. thanks pck at aigroupinc.com