Old February 6th 05, 02:26 PM
Bob Moore

"kage" wrote

Vr is normally higher than V1 (but not always), it cannot be less

than V1.

Isn't that a "mutually exclusive" statement. I guess V1 and Vr could
be the same, I've never seen that.

B-727-200...V1 and Vr were normally the same.

If Vr is the same as some other "V"
speed it is usually the same as V2.

I don't see how that can be considering the "speed increment"
required by the following from FAR Part 25:

(c) V2, in terms of calibrated airspeed, must be selected by
the applicant to provide at least the gradient of climb
required by §25.121(b) but may not be less than—

(2) VR plus the speed increment attained (in accordance with
§25.111(c)(2)) before reaching a height of 35 feet above
the takeoff surface;

Bob Moore
ATP B-727 B-707
PanAm (retired)