Old June 10th 08, 03:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Le Chaud Lapin

Default Mechanics of Elevator Trim. In Detail.

On Jun 10, 5:14*am, Bob Noel
wrote:
In article ,
*Le Chaud Lapin wrote:

So here the question would be whether it is possible to understand how
a trim tab works without ever having flown an aircraft.

I have flown in DA-20 and Tomahawk, but I do not think actual flight
would have been necessary to understand how trim tab works.

Knowing how a trim tab works isn't necessary for flying. *The pilot
needs to know is how to use trim.

It is not necessary to know how many things in aircraft work to be
able to fly, but knowing how they work doesn't hurt.

Otherwise companies like Jeppensen, FAA, etc, would not go through
trouble of making all those pretty diagrams (and exams to go with).

-Le Chaud Lapin-