Old March 31st 18, 05:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
WaltWX[_2_]

Default Sailplane Grand Prix US Florida 2018

Posted Weather animation videos of RACE days 1-4 GOES-16 vis 0.5km imagery, IGC and IGC tracks of winners each day. Sat photos update every 5 mins, tracks every 20 secs. Beautiful example showing use of cloud streets.

On 03-30 RACE 4, I've added a vis and RADAR overlayed image showing how the day deteriorates.

Displays fine on VLC and IOS 11 players. You can download individual mp4 files in the Dropbox folder from the ... menu:

bit.ly/SGPUSA2018WeatherVideos

If you are interested in playing these in IDV, the bundled images and config are in the IDV folder *.zidv. Note that the LOCATION files for the TP plots need to be loaded separately. Track igc data needs to be converted with John Bird's python script. Color tables also needed to be loaded.

I'll add the other source config data files and notes if anyone is interested in the IDV folder.

Walt Rogers WX