Old July 21st 03, 10:33 PM
H M

Bruce Shankle wrote:
Dear fellow flight sim users,

I recently purchased X-Plane and had such an interesting experience that
I thought I'd share (see http://home.nc.rr.com/bshankle/xplane.html).

I am curious if any of you have had an experience anywhere close to mine?

reading that email exchange reminded me of 2 issues i had with x-plane,
but they were nowhere near as bad.
- one of the earlier versions worked only the first time after
installation. when i started it again, i got an error message, something
about a .dat file not found. i reinstalled it, and it worked again, but
only the first time. i emailed austin, but he didn't (couldn't?) solve
the problem.
- they must have got the parameters for the 747 wrong. this was
concerning optimum altitude, N1 and range. don't remember the exact
details. let's just say a real 747 outperforms the x-plane 747 by far,
both in terms of range and altitude. again, no cunstructive help from
austin...