Old May 15th 06, 08:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Bought my first plane:-D

Denny,

Thanks, I laughed reading your post, this is exactly what I needed to
hear

Its very easy to get caught up in the 'new-ship-itus' I guess.

What amazes me is that the aero modifications for the Piper 140's are
actually surprisingly cheap... But yeah- I'm not going to make the
plane into something it's not (any sort of speed demon)... I'm just
looking for a fun little 'get up there' ship at the moment.

Thanks for the sanity check.

Let's get a few owner-assisted annuals under my belt, figure out
exactly how much work everythign I want to do is, how much it is
needed, and go from there.

I _am_ still very interested in getting in there and doing the cosmetic
stuff (a good wash/wax and interior cleaning)... as far as I'm
concerned, that's part of the joy of ownership.