Old June 24th 12, 07:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Michael J.

Default Followup -- Rudder Cable Sleeve

JJ, T .... Thanks for the advice on how to return the nylon sleeve to its proper position in the "S" tube.

JJ ... after spending an hour using sheer muscle and determination I was able to correct the left rudder. Next morning I tried the heating approach you suggested on the right side without much luck. Being a retired engineer I finally stepped back, looked at things carefully, and decided to use a stainless steel 1/8" cable clamp fastened up against the sleeve and pulled the cable from the forward end. Still a lot of muscle, but worked great. Pretty much what you suggested in your latest post. Closely examined the cables and saw no damage or fraying.

Since I never change the range adjustment on the rudder pedals I'm guessing this problem existed when I first bought the glider and just didn't know enough to recognize it. Thanks again.

Mike J.