Old May 17th 15, 06:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default alternative to iGlide for iPhone (6 plus)

I upgraded to iGlide Pro yesterday after using Lite and Advanced for over a year. I use iPhone5 and mount it on a $10 suction cup phone holder from Walmart. I really like the program because it is easy to check my situation at a glance and to modify my task enroute. I have purchased SeeYou Mobile in the past and have NavPro on the same phone. Glidergeek's comment on the failure of his GPS20 and the iGlide record caught my attention. About 200km into a flight last Wednesday my iGlide wouldn't load so I switched to NavPro so I could figure out where I was on task. I struggled with the screen but it got me through. At the end of the flight I downloaded my flight log from iGlide and much to my amazement it was all there even though it had not been operational for the last 150km. It loaded to the OLC without problem. You can see from the OLC that it performed perfectly (with the exception that I couldn't get it to stay on the screen)
http://www.onlinecontest.org/olc-2.0...l?dsId=4316324

Any advice on how to declare a task so that an OO can see it and confirm it at the end of the flight?