Old August 11th 05, 02:23 AM
Mal

From what I was told he was behind a hedge and stood up on top of his
vehicle just as the glider came over the hedge.

We have a minimum finish safety height of 500ft unless you declare a
straight in and a beer can finish radius.

As a avid photographer and pilot I have sympathy for all evolved.

Hanging around aircraft is dangerous enough !

The added danger of distorted vision depth perception when looking through a
view finder and eye focus adjustment as we have been shown can result in
your death.

There are more than 14000 images @ http://www.whiteplanes.com/

RIP Neil Lawson

Mal

"Paul Remde" wrote in message
Hi,

That is extremely sad news.

Having taken a few soaring photos myself I have long been very impressed
with the high quality of is photos as seen in many Soaring and Sailplane &
Gliding magazines and on his web site.
http://www.whiteplanes.com/

At a contest a few years ago a few pilots did high-speed, low altitude
finishes. I was shooting them through a long lens. It was difficult to
judge distance between us while looking through the lens.

My heartfelt sympathy and prayers to Neil's friends and family and the
glider pilot.

Paul Remde

"2cernauta2" wrote in message
Dear All,

I hear from my Italian friends at the Junior's WGCs that the famous
soaring photographer Neil Lawson has died yesterday.
He was standing on the roof of his car, to get better pictures of the
finishing gliders. One of those gliders caught him.
The pilot involved is a British team mate, Ian Craigie. He has been
arrested.

Very sad news for the whole gliding world, for his friends and
relatives.

He will be missed

Aldo Cernezzi