Old May 6th 08, 11:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Default New Condor Tips Document

Hi Hartley,

I currently use a 10 year old Microsoft Sidewinder II joystick. It is OK but
I don't think they are available as new any more.

I was curious to see how a force feedback joystick would work so I just
ordered the one found he
http://www.amazon.com/Saitek-Cyborg-...624 89&sr=8-1

I look forward to having increased pressure at high speed. I don't know if
it will be worth the money but I just had to find out. It should arrive in
a day or 2. I'll let you know what I think of it.

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.
http://www.cumulus-soaring.com

"HL Falbaum" wrote in message
. ..
OK---I'll ask---
What joystick is recommended for Condor.
My Gravis Eliminator was not very good with a large dead spot in the
middle.
I took it apart to see if I could improve it---made it worse.

Saitek, Logitech, and Microsoft all seem to have good ones on paper at
least.

Favorites?

--
Hartley Falbaum

"MickiMinner" wrote in message
Condor soaring is GREAT. If you can't really get up in the air, then
CONDOR is the next best thing. I tried unsuccessfully to get condor
to participate at the Memphis convention, and to get a on-line
competition going at the contest...but most people had no idea what I
was talking about. At this years convention in New Mexico, I talked a
little bit to Noel, about trying to set up an American on-line soaring
simulator contest again....especially now that CONDOR is making more
headway here in America. I contacted the creators of Condor in
Slovenia, and they were VERY receptive about helping those of us
interested in America. So, everyone get their winter soaring
simulator software and joysticks in place....it's a great way to fly
when earth-bound!
Micki Minner