Old December 21st 03, 09:39 PM
Drew Dalgleish

On Sun, 21 Dec 2003 20:01:57 GMT, " quipbid
wrote:

Snip nice rebel story
Even under owner maintained you won't be able to swap a warp for a
certified blade. The ministry will tend to frown on such things. You
could get a stc and hope they will let you spec a warp but as its not
certified you are going to have to be reaaal lucky to get it through.
The fee is $900 loonies plus engineering fees which means it will
probably be cheaper to buy a new plane by the end f it all ;-]

I haven't heard of aircraft registered in the owner maintenance class
requiring an STC for anything before. Where did you get this
information from? I was under the impression that pretty much
anything goes. That's how we end up with corvette powered sea-bees
Drew Dalgleish