Old July 5th 05, 01:45 PM
Bert Willing

The book says it should be red. And as long as I'm operating my private
ship, it's me who is responsible for which weak link I ask for. Launch
marshals may comment on that, but not decide. Winch drivers are told which
glider is on the other side of the rope, and when they should start to pull.

I have seen (from the ground) quite a couple of critical situations
resulting from fatigued weak link breakage, and I prefer to watch angle of
attack and speed, and pull the knob myself if necessary. And even if the
book doesn't like it, that even works while being launched into thermals or
Mistral rotors.

--
Bert Willing

ASW20 "TW"

"Ian Johnston" a écrit dans le message de news:
dzZo7CxomoOm-pn2-DhT3lGVC8vpw@localhost...
On Tue, 5 Jul 2005 10:27:40 UTC, "Bert Willing"
wrote:

I take of with my ASW20 on a black link. And it's not the winch driver
who
decides about this.

If that is the correct link for the glider, then fine. If it's not,
and I were either launch marshall or winch driver, then I can assure
you that I, personally, would have nothing to do with launching you.

The correct weak link for an ASH-25, as specified by the designer and
manufacturer, is brown, 850dN.

Ian