Old March 14th 06, 04:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Default Tech: Aluminum Forming Question

Well it could be a stamped part or you can make a flange by hand using
a flange roller tool witch is basically a peice of flat steel with 2
rollers attached the metal goes between the rollers and you work aroud
the opening bending it a little each time. I haven't used one but I
have made not quite as nice flanges using a peice of wooden dowel with
a slit cut in the end to bend a flange a little at a time.

Can anyone tell me how to form the internally rolled edge on the turtledeck
access panel seen here?

http://www.steenaero.com/Files/Proje...01385_main.jpg

Thanks!

Scott