Old September 9th 19, 01:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Martin Gregorie[_6_]

Default Libelle 201A POH

On Sun, 08 Sep 2019 17:16:57 -0700, dmar2c wrote:

I recently have been given access to a friends Libelle model A. I think
the Serial number is #83, Unfortunately, the POH is lost. Could anyone
send me a copy or e-file of this document?

I have s/n 82. I was flying it yesterday off the winch and easily
outclimbing clubmates.

Any Libelle 201 POH should be fine - my copy is for a 201B. In the UK it
was decided that the difference between a 201 and a 201B is small enough
that 201B W&B limits can also apply to a 201. That means we use the same
weak links, CG positions, seat loads and max flying weights etc. despite
the B series having different airbrakes, tailplane and, of course, using
foam in flying surface skins instead of balsa and having water ballast
bags as a standard option.

The only place where I'd treat the 201 and 201B differently is carrying
water ballast. I won't carry water in mine (no water system anyway)
because I heard that a number of 301s were destroyed when the combination
of leaky water bags and porous inner surface to the wing skins allowed
the balsa wing skin cores to rot.

A copy of the 201B POH is in the way.

--
Martin | martin at