Old April 23rd 05, 10:08 AM
Martin Hotze

On Sat, 23 Apr 2005 04:20:19 GMT, Mike Rapoport wrote:

So what is your (US) or our (Europe) advantage? High costs for labor and
energy, higher transportation costs, more restrictions and laws, lack of
people willing to work really hard, etc. etc ...

Lots of intellectual property, extensive infrastructure, stable political
system, lots of capital and educated people.

I am with you except for the educated people.

Every country has about the
same energy costs.

*hehe* not really. For example: Opel (a car brand, owned by GM) has plants
here in some European countries. They wanted to close one German facility.
One reason was that energy was cheaper in Finnland (IIRC; one of the
northern countries), labor was about the same.

The US and Europe are well positioned to compete in many
industries.

not for very much longer. Maybe 1, maximum 2 generations.
maybe there are few industries left for us.

Mike
MU-2

#m
--