Old May 11th 18, 03:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
son_of_flubber

Default Woodstock Glider

On Thursday, May 10, 2018 at 8:36:39 PM UTC-4, wrote:
I'm looking to start a build this summer. Any time savings on templates would be greatly appreciated and worth a financial fee to me.

Something to think about. People who're building boats out of marine plywood often have their plywood cut out by laser. You can get your Woodstock paper pattern for ribs professionally scanned, then send the file to a job shop to be cut out. This is quite common for boat builders who're building from both traditional and new designs. It is cost effective because of the time savings and precision. The laser cutter can insure that the ribs for the left and right wings are identical, and symmetry is important.

Google for 'custom laser cutting plywood'. You can send your file to multiple shops for competitive bid.