View Single Post
Old May 11th 18, 05:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default Woodstock Glider

On Thursday, May 10, 2018 at 11:35:16 PM UTC-4, Bob Kuykendall wrote:
On Thursday, May 10, 2018 at 7:16:17 PM UTC-7, son_of_flubber wrote:
symmetry is important.

Balance is important. Symmetry is way overrated, and I have the check templates to prove it.

--Bob K.

If I might suggest, have them cut on a CNC machine, not burned on a laser cutting machine. Adhesives don't stick well to charred wood. I have a set of Wood stock parts, even completed spares that I cut by hand on a bandsaw, maybe 30 years ago...other ships got in the way and I never got around to assembly...plans are sometimes procrastinated by life. However it is a very straight forward process, tack the drawing to a piece of HARD masonite. Cut to almost the line then sand to the line. Tack two sheets of the 1/4 inch Marine ply together and trace the master pattern onto the stacked plywood. Rough cut (within an 1/4 or a 1/2 with a hand jigsaw)then cut and sand to the line. Trim the master pattern to the next rib and do the same for all the ribs. You can make a second set of master patterns by making a second master pattern with the sacrificial pattern each time. Please feel free to contact me should you like.
Jeff