Old March 19th 08, 03:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Gsoar

Default szd 55-1

Hello,
I would like to get opinions regarding the szd 55-1. What I have
heard so far is that it tends to drop a wing when there is a bit of a
crosswind on take off but, is this more common with this glider than
other high performance standard class gliders? The gentleman I spoke
with had 4 aborted take offs in 50 flights and he has 6X the amount of
time as I do. Is this something that should be avoided in a 150h
pilot going from Grobs? It has also been commented to me that it is
"a high performance glider that really demands your concentration at
all times." While I try to pay attention most of the time, sometimes
I like to take in the view, is this glider too hot to handle
especially on landing for a run of the mill pilot? My goal is fun,
non contest (other than OLC), cross country. While I like vegetables,
I have no interest in picking them. I also would like to buy
something that I won't have to worry about refinishing in the near
future and is not something that will require too much in the
maintenance area. I don't want to be too anxious while I participate
in my recreation! Oh, the LS4 I responded to on W&W was sold in 15
minutes.

Thanks