Old October 21st 08, 01:50 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
mrorwell

Default Copyright and Picasa

Joseph Testagrose wrote in
:

See my prior post, I don't need your permission if it qualifies as
fair use (USA) I don't know what other countries policy concerning
fair use are.

Fair Use and parody were two of the reasons I originally said that
copyright was way to complex to explain in two paragraphs.

Regarding your first point... I thought that the copyright had to be
registered before you could sue for damages. If you can't stop someone
from using your unregistered copyright material, what's the use in having a
copyright?

The other points you made in your other post are, of course, completely
valid. But in reality, they are (probably) exceptions in this group and
(probably) not applicable to the types of photos the original poster asked
about. My impression is that most of the photos we see here are modern
(post 3-1-89)

at http://www.TitanNews.com