Old March 7th 20, 03:44 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank Whiteley

Default Mini-Winch for FES

On Wednesday, March 4, 2020 at 12:34:32 PM UTC-7, AS wrote:
On Wednesday, March 4, 2020 at 10:40:53 AM UTC-5, kinsell wrote:
Agree with other posters, not sure how much you'd save in terms of
money/effort/time with a mini winch vs a regular one.

Speaking of that, what ever happened to the great electric winch project
up at Bend OR that set the internet on fire not so long ago?

There was a paper given at the last SSA convention by Bill Daniels about his electric winch development - at least it was on the roster. I couldn't make it to the convention; does anyone know if this talk was recorded and will be made available?
Uli
'AS'

Hello winch head. Missed seeing you. Bill's talk updated progress on the electric winch and some design changes going forward with the design. I suppose Bill might provide a copy w/audio like he did previously. I'll ping him abotu that. He desktop died after returning from Little Rock, so he's working on a laptop at the moment, until he finds a replacement. AFAIK, the live session was not recorded.

Frank Whiteley