Old October 30th 03, 09:26 AM
Jeff

They have been sending this letter to sites that have shut down, sites that dont have
video and so on.
I may be able to direct you to alot of other information on acacia and the people who are
fighting it, but you seen to want to be anonymous on here for some reason and most of the
stuff on this I wont post to a newsgroup or on a msg board because believe it or not,
acacia reads some of it and some of it just dont need posted here.
shoot me an E-mail if you want

I just pulled this from a msg board of a guy who called them today:
-------------------------
After a 2nd phone conversation with those people, I was told the following:

Me:
Ok, now I have taken out the 23 links from my sites which led to videos. Can you send me
a letter stating that I am not infringing your so called patent?

Acacia:
No, that is not possible, you are linking to galleries which contain pictures and
banners, when those banners are clicked, they take you to sites which offer membership
for picture and video content.

Me:
You must be kidding me!!! I can't link to site or galleries with movies on it, and now
you claim I can't link to picture galleries which promote a sponsor which offers videos
and pics?????

Acacia:
That is correct.

Me:
Well, then I will put the movies links on my site and you'll see me in court.

END

Those Acacia people are incredible!!!!!

-------------------

Do What? wrote:

On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 17:51:28 -0800, Jeff wrote:

how long ago, last week was when we sent them the check.

Do What? wrote:

If their pantent held *any* weight, companies like Yahoo, MS, AOL, etc
would be the targets.

actually this was asked of them during a live interview, their response was the law
allows them certain latitude, they decided to go after websits because they can make
more money.

Yeah, after receiving my "notice", I've come across quite a bit of
more-than-interesting info about this whole ordeal.

One thing that really stood out was their Q3 conference call last
week.... one of the shareholder asked if there was any open
litigation. Acacia's response, "no"
Pretty bold to mislead shareholders... and while Im not securities
guru, is this not against the law?

Funny thing is, that neither my sites, nor the sites I link to violate
their patent.....