Old June 11th 15, 06:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Steve Koerner

Default Looking for recommendation on stick grip

I didn't like the grip on my '27 because it slips around and because it's too small in diameter. I turned a grip on the lathe out of Delrin plastic. I gave it three recessed set screws so it remains solidly in place. I used rubber coat plastic dip that you can get at any hardware store to give it a soft touch. This has worked well for me for several years.

It sounds like the tennis racket tape or handlebar tape might be a very good option too though. The commercially available grips that are referenced here look good if they have the right ID for your glider and if they stay put when you are low and desperate to make a skinny thermal work.