Old October 14th 07, 04:39 AM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval
John Weiss

Default GREEN CARD

"vincent norris" wrote...

GCA PAR mins were 200-1/2; 100-1/4 at the boat if you were "special" and
dual-piloted...

Mea Culpa; I think I cheated on those mins more than once.

Come to think of it, I recall shooting what we then called ADF approaches
(now called NDB approaches) to 200 - 1/4.

Years later, I began to think I must have "misremembered" that, but then
I read Bob Buck's _Weather Flying_, in which he confirms that ADF mins
were 200 - 1/4 in those days.

Slow airplanes, low mins? ;-)

Maybe people were smart enough to keep skyscrapers and radio towers away
from the airports back then. Developers and guvamint offishuls have gotten
stupider since...