Old January 18th 04, 05:51 PM

Ken wrote:
: Looking for an avionics shop in NJ or eastern PA. I want to get an
: IFR moving map GPS installed in my Archer. Don't have the budget for
: a GNS-430 or CNX-80 so I'm thinking either a KLN-89B or the Garmin
: GPS-155XL. Any other thoughts in that price range? I'm hoping to
: keep the entire bill under $4k. Any experiences with Penn Avionics at
: Perkiomen?

: Thanks,

: Ken

I don't have that kind of experience with them, but I bought a
yellow-tagged KY-197/KN-53/KI-203 settup used from them off ebay about 18
months ago. Everything worked as advertised, but the KI-203 indicator
seemed to have been damaged a bit, as there was plastic rattling around
inside. I called them up, and without flinching an inch they had another
(cosmetically even better) KI-203 in the mail to me for swap. I tech I
talked with also sent me the install manuals for them.

They pretty much do large-ish avionics upgrades so the ebay of old
stuff was not their normal MO, but definately friendly and supportive and
helped me out. Like I said, can't comment about walk-in prices, labor,
etc, but they were good to me.

-Cory

* The prime directive of Linux: *
* - learn what you don't know, *