Old September 27th 20, 12:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Martin Gregorie[_6_]

Default Landing on the Hudson is cool. Check this out

On Fri, 25 Sep 2020 21:48:33 -0700, Doug Levy wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlkCofOyxUA

Colour me mystified: what of earth has the Hudson to do with the Gimli
Glider?

The Hudson was Sullenberger's show. BTW, I seem to remember that at the
time he was said to have no glider experience, but that's wrong:
apparently he did have a glider rating at the time and (later?) became a
CFIG, so about the only connection is that the P1 for both the Gimli and
Hudson incidents were glider pilots.

--
Martin | martin at
Gregorie | gregorie dot org