Old October 2nd 14, 04:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default October Soaring magazine OLC League article

That oughtta teach you to express an opinion, Mark. And now I'll get
beat up for siding with you.

BTW, gliders flying under power lines will raise the ire of the hand
wringers. And, no, I don't fly under power lines. Neither do I wring
my hands.

Dan Marotta

On 10/2/2014 6:00 AM, gotovkotzepkoi wrote:
...someone please hand me a kleenex

Mark628CA;889941 Wrote:
I just received my October Soaring magazine with my report on the 2014
OLC League standings. It was printed with an accompanying photo of a
bunch of 1-26 gliders on the ground. I had nothing to do with the photo
selection, and I consider it to be an insult to the thousands of pilots
worldwide who did their best to compete in this prestigious speed
competition.

The 1-26 has an advantageous handicap due to its low performance. Using
it to illustrate the OLC League is ridiculous. The 1-26 Association
(nice guys all- no offense intended) finished 79th in the Worldwide
League standings.

I would have been happy to provide an appropriate photo of a modern
glider at speed to accompany the article, but I was not consulted, and I
did not expect the article to be published so prominently.