Old March 11th 19, 10:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Borgelt Dynamis variometer

On Monday, March 11, 2019 at 8:56:07 PM UTC, Mike Borgelt wrote:
I don't know how that video went public. It wasn't meant to. It was at Tocumwal during the Benalla Worlds in January 2017. I was in the back seat. The video editor did a great job cleaning up the commentary.

At the time Dynamis had some offset problems under some flight conditions.. These are now eliminated as can be seen in the Quintus video where the LX vario and Dynamis agree on average.

Sorry if posting that link wasn't appropriate Mike, I just Googled "Borgelt Dynamis video" and found the video at the top of the page. It looks good to me!

Can you reveal some practical installation information? Is there an additional sensor box behind the panel and, if so, what size is it? Is there a compass sensor that would have implications for location and orientation? Is GPS input essential for the Dynamis to operate?

John Galloway