Old April 30th 13, 03:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike C

Default Werker SLA batteries? (... better than PowerSonic?)

Just to be clear.

PowerSonic batteries are made in China, Taiwan and Viet Naam. Saying that Werker batteries are made in the same factory as PowerSonic batteries is not he same as saying that they are relabled PowerSonic batteries. It is a sub contractors industry, where corporations spec, pay for and label their production runs. I doubt that PowerSonic owns factories in China, Taiwan and Viet Naam.

On Monday, April 29, 2013 9:13:52 PM UTC-6, Darryl Ramm wrote:
On Monday, April 29, 2013 8:00:59 PM UTC-7, mike wrote:

On Monday, April 29, 2013 7:10:04 PM UTC-6, 2NO wrote:

I'm growing weary of my PowerSonic (PoS) batteries crapping out a few minutes after their 1 year warranty expries.

Are Werker batteries any better? ... or are they essentially the same?

The salesman at Batteries Plus who said they pretty much stopped selling PS because they were having quality issues ...

Batteries Plus labels Werker Batteries, and have claimed that Werker batteries are made in same factory as Power Sonic, putting them on equal footing. I doubt that there is much of a quality control problem from one brand to the other. On my third year with one Werker battery and on the second with the other. Had one with problems just after one year, but BP honored the warranty anyway. They seem ok to me.

I am pretty sure that Werker are relabeled Exide and others vendors, I'm not sure if that includes PowerSonic, it may. But they definitively relabel batteries from multiple vendors, for what that's worth, and it may not be much. If they have good warranties that's a great point to catch the unavoidable failures that every vendor will have.

My reaction however to "my brand name battery is not reliable or repeatedly dies early" should I switch to Werker, is no--the brand of the battery is probalby not the issue.

Darryl