Old April 30th 13, 11:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Werker SLA batteries? (... better than PowerSonic?)

On Tuesday, April 30, 2013 2:23:31 PM UTC-5, Tom Gardner wrote:

Quite right. But we also need to be careful with panglossian optimism.

There are many videos on youtube showing what happens when a battery is grossly mistreated.

More interestingly, a very quick search indicated[1] Dell had to recall laptop batteries

3 times in 5 years; the last involved 4,000,000 batteries. If we assume that Dell isn't

staffed by cretins, clearly there are some subtle effects that can cause significant

problems.

Tom, I'm getting a bit tired of your tirades on not trying anything that doesn't go back to your college days and is "well proven". Your answer to all questions seems to be "it depends" and that is also an adult diaper brand here in the US. If you want to base your decisions on YouTube videos, I have news for you: many of them are staged or directed by morons. Sorry to get personal but please stop giving us your trivial opinions. Btw. you're mixing up your chemistry in your last post: Laptop batteries are Lipos, we are talking Life batteries here.