Old May 9th 05, 10:15 AM
H.P.

Try the Midwest. Wichita is the home of Cessna, Beechcraft & Hawker
(Raytheon). No pesky mountains, very warm and friendly people, and lots of
airports (sometimes, you can make your own airport). Some fun cities are
Chicago, Kansas City, St. Louis.

http://www.familytravelguides.com/ar...midweststates/

"NS" wrote in message
I am looking for a friendly place to fly in the US when I go on vacation
this year - I have no particular destination in mind albeit I have flown in
sw Florida, Texas, New England and Arizona. Has anybody got any
recommendations for flight schools that aren't too commercial training
oriented and would welcome a keen limey ppl who only wants to fly for a bit
of fun and has a sense of humour.

I have around 300 hrs mostly on complex types

I would be grateful for your views

Regards

Nigel
Maidenhead, Berkshire UK